[Harc] mixed up

Howard, KB6NN kb6nn at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 21:41:06 CDT 2019

Got mics mixed up tonight during the 440 net.  I had multiple radios on frequency for each net, with a different antenna for each.  Was surprised that my "best" VHF/UHF antenna was not best for receiving all stations.  Individual paths vary and obstruction, etc. of a signal brings it to me better one place than another at the same house.  Reminds me of the Doctor Is In podcast* where Joel Hallas talks about how the best antenna for receiving may not be best for transmitting.  Something I've known for a while, but found dramatically demonstrated today.
Howard,
KB6NN

*http://www.arrl.org/doctor
and: