[Harc] Safety and mast set-up...Re: FD19

Daniel Eaton dre3neato at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 01:21:26 CDT 2019

Hi Chris

1) I can be Safety guy and will try to comply with requirements for extra
points this year.
2) I have the tower small parts plus 6 new 2ft. stakes to be set in pairs
linked by coupler plates. We tested the set-up at our Winter Field Day with
success. I will bring a large slide hammer specifically made for manually
setting the stakes and a stake puller.
3) We now use a 6 man mast team plus a Safety man. 3 at the mast, 1 each at
3 guy ends as stake positioners/setters and then as spotter/tensioners to
make the mast vertical. We have hard hats and vests.

73 Dan Eaton KB6DE

Military mast wit a tri-bander at WFD.