[Harc] FD19

Chris Hickey christoph.hix at gmail.com
Thu May 30 23:43:01 CDT 2019

CQ CQ CQ

Good evening everyone. Since the Kinetic challenge has completed, it's time
to get the ball rolling for Field Day 2019. I'm just as excited as  the rest
of you are to get on the air, but we need to get some plans together first.
Below is a list of items that require attention and some of these need
volunteers to assess, coordinate, or just answer.

If anyone is interested in a position, please let me know what you're
interested in assisting with and I'll be glad to hand over those reigns. The
easiest way to contact me is  <mailto:CHRISTOPH.HIX at GMAIL.COM>
CHRISTOPH.HIX at GMAIL.COM

Chow: (MOST IMPORTANT) KE6SLS Jaye Inabnit

Friday

              Fend for yourself.

Saturday Morning:

              Joyce KJ0YCE & Steve KK6MPV will be bringing breakfast
burritos for the tower erection.

Saturday Afternoon:

              Potluck. Bring something tasty. Dinner will be served at 6.
Does someone want to bring a BBQ??

Sunday Brunch

KE6SLS has been heading this up. He has asked around and found a price to
get a catered breakfast at $15.00 per person.

Breakfast will consist of Biscuits and Gravy, Roasted Potato Medley (with
Thyme & Rosemary), Scrambled Eggs, and Sausage Links. Orange juice and Apple
juice, and coffee will be included. Bring plates and plastic-ware We will
require a RSVP ASAP, please contact Jaye  <mailto:KE6SLS at ARRL.NET>
KE6SLS at ARRL.NET to RSVP.

Classification:

              We will be operating 4 Alpha this year. Open for comments.

Tower installation:

We will require a crew to setup the tower. Dan KB6DE, do you recall how many
people we need for this project?

How many stakes do we need? Where can we get these?

Late Hours Operating:

Do we have someone interested in operating in the wee hours? Coffee should
be available.

Computers/Software:

Last year Anthony supplied the computers and logging software. I've sent an
email to Anthony about this.

Callsign:

Mark AA6DX has offered his call for the event. AA6DX 4 Alpha San Francisco
is what we're using.

Radios:

I'm unaware of club equipment. Does the club own any radios? If so, what are
they and in what condition are they? Do we require anything special?

Antennas:

              New beam???

              At least 2 low band antennas

              Joe Low usually brings something awesome. I wonder what it
will be this year.

Operators:

              Who is planning on attending? How many potential operators do
we have?

CW/Digi Operators:

              AA6DX

Safety coordinator:

              Anyone interested? Awaiting feedback

Trailers:

              Anyone interested in getting these to Woodley Island?

Generators:

              How many do we have/need?

              How are we providing fuel for the units?

Hospitality tent:

Kevin KK6MPT is going to setup a Hospitality tent with brochures. Pretty
sure Don and Marcy have the new ARRL documentation. Easy 100 points.

Educational Activity Bonus 100 points.

              Kevin KK6MPT is going to spread the work with the local Boy,
Girl, Cub Scouts.

              Social Media promotion? If we just post up the Field Day event
using Social Media.

                            Social Media Promotion 100 points

              Site Visitation by a Representative of an Agency.

Incident Command                                    Chris Hickey
KK6KFB

Public Information Officer                        Peter Esko
W6IES

Back Seat Driver                                         Jaye Inabnit
KE6SLS

Hospitality Manager                                  Mark Bayless
KK6MPT