[Harc] FW: Sad News - KF6QIB SK

Don Campbell ke6hec at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 6 15:55:31 CDT 2020

From: Linda W Nellist [mailto:Linda.Nellist at humboldt.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2020 1:15 PM
To: Linda Nellist <Linda.Nellist at humboldt.edu>
Subject: Sad News

Hello Friends, CERT Team Members and CERT Instructors,

I have sad news today that one of our HBF team members and CERT Instructors, Dale Bridges, passed away at home last night  This is such a difficult time for his family, and I know his wife Lynda would appreciate a card remembering Dale while we are all so isolated.  She has family locally and will let us know of plans for a memorial:

          Lynda Powell-Bridges, 5060 Meyers Avenue, Eureka CA 95503

I had known Dale through county work contacts and committees since 1984.  Later on we worked together at the American Red Cross Chapter for 10 years and taught many disaster preparedness courses.  He was one of the first CERT instructors in Humboldt County in 2004 and had taught in nearly every Basic Course from then until 2019. He was always the one to say "I'll do that" when there was a need for helping hands.

Dale has left a wonderful legacy of volunteering in our county--he will be greatly missed! I've copied below some of his work and volunteer history from his CERT instructor biography.

Linda

Lead Instructor  /  Humboldt CERT Coalition  /  707.498.8132

www.humboldtcert.com <http://www.humboldtcert.com>

        DALE BRIDGES

*       Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Instructor, Humboldt County, 2004-2019, taught fire safety and light search and rescue modules during the 23-hour CERT Basic course.  Member of Humboldt Bay Fire CERT Team 2014-2020.

*       Amateur Radio Operator KF6QIB

*       Volunteered 43 years for American Red Cross: 24 years in Health & Safety, 19 years in disaster response for local and national incidents.

*       Taught disaster preparedness classes for Humboldt County chapter volunteers and the public

*       Taught first aid and CPR courses

*       Local American Red Cross Chapter, Disaster Committee Chairman

*       Member of the national Red Cross Disaster Services Human Resources Team (DSHR) and Disaster Action Team (DAT) responding to people in need after house fires.

*       Career Fire Service, 30 years: Volunteer Firefighter, Firefighter/Engineer, Fire Lieutenant, Assistant Chief and Fire Chief.

*       Training Officer- Junior College Teaching Credential

*       Taught fire service courses in Northern California and Oregon

*       Taught industrial fire brigades and industrial safety classes

*       Involved in many fire training control burns

*       Served on the State Fire Marshal’s Advisory Board for revising the California Fire Incident Reporting System (CFIRS)