[Harc] Programming Baofeng & Pofung Radio

Howard, KB6NN kb6nn at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 29 13:39:17 CDT 2020

Sherry, that's great.  Thanks.

I used this one for the UV-5R a few years back:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/w7dtguv5rprogramming.html - Interesting to note that, unlike some higher-priced radios, you program the receive frequency and transmit frequency separately, starting with the receive frequency, rather than just the receive and setting + or - to select the offset, like on Yaesu, etc..

"I don't need no stinking programming cable."  And out in the field, if you don't have access to the video, make a cheat sheet card to carry based on the "Quick Review" at the bottom of the W7DTG page above and carry it with you.

WARNING: unlike in the video, the W7DTG instructions include erasing everything on the radio before beginning programming.  Be smart in using those steps

Howard
KB6NN