[Harc] Power supplies and feed wire ideas

Donald Nelson wa6nbg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 10:02:29 CDT 2020

 LMR-400 isn't considered hard-line, but it is stiff and has a large bend radius.
Don Nelson
    On Sunday, July 5, 2020, 08:35:33 PM PDT, Howard, KB6NN via Harc <harc at humboldt-arc.org> wrote:

 "Both RG8/X and RG213/U can be used in applications where the cable needs to be "flexed" (i.e. to go around a rotor) whereas LMR-400 has a solid aluminum (flashed with copper) center conductor and therefore will break in a VERY short period of time if used in an application where the cable is "flexed"." https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/lmr400-or-rg8-or.199215/

As I recall, LMR-400 is also known as "Hard Line".  RG-213 is the premium equivalent of RG-8.  As I recall, RG-8 has an outer diameter of about 1/2 inch.  Many go with RG8X for that reason, but sharp bends in that will eventually degrade the coax due to the foam dialectric and the center conductor will migrate toward the shield.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong on any of the above.

--
Not sent from a U.S.Cellulose Smartphone

--