[Harc] Some Red Cross Radio History at Muni

Donald Nelson wa6nbg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 11:28:24 CDT 2020

Years ago, the Red Cross installed a 2 meter radio, antenna, TNC, backup battery, and charger at the Muni location, then their headquarters for Humboldt County. There was also a 46 MHz radio and antenna as well. After Red Cross moved to McKinleyville, I inventoried the Muni's Red Cross radio stuff and the previously mentioned radio gear remained. I did not go on the roof to inspect the antennas.  So....  I am assuming the Ringo Ranger may be the 46 MHz antenna. The antenna we "borrowed" is the 2 meter antenna originally for their 2 meter rig. Don't know if it is a dual band antenna.
The new Red Cross location in McKinleyville does not have any radio gear. I was told the complex they are in does not allow any externally mounted antennas.
DonWA6NBG