[Harc] buddipole

Howard, KB6NN kb6nn at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 9 22:50:28 CDT 2020

Peter,
There is nothing wrong with a vertical antenna for HF.  I started out on a 4BTV and made plenty of contacts.  Since putting up an effective VHF or UHF antenna outdoors is usually more easily done than putting up an effective HF antenna, I haven't addressed Richard's mention of wanting to put up such an antenna in conjunction with an HF antenna.  Once the difficulty of getting a good HF antenna installed (and roof edge guys or standoffs work well, in my experience) setting up a VHF or UHF antenna will seem like child's play.  The Ed Fong antenna workshop on the 16th might shed additional light on that situation.  David Boyd sent out an invitation on this email reflector yesterday, and will (hopefully) follow up with more invites closer to the event.  I am looking forward to that presentation.  What HF vertical did you use successfully during Field Day when your dipole faded?
Howard

--
(not sent from a U.S.Cellulose smartphone)