[Harc] Workshops and classes via video conference

Kevin Bayless kk6mpt at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:12:44 CDT 2020

Since the beginning of the Shelter in Place, I've been toying with the idea
of license classes and tech workshops via Zoom or a similar video
conferencing software.

Since license classes have not been able to meet due facilty closures, I
think an online option would be a great alternative.  Not only does this
elimate viral exposure risk, but it opens the possibility of allowing new
interested individuals to attend.  Mobility or otherwise disabled
individuals could attend, as well as individuals living in remote areas.
Myself as a working dad would find it useful when leaving the house for a
few hours a week is sometimes a struggle.

Although, I'm probably not ready to teach a online class, I would
definitely be willing to offer help with hosting an online class.

Since we have been unable to do our second Thursday workshops, I also think
monthly workshops would help expand the knowledge base of our members.  I
could even us doing a weekly Tech Talk session allowing newly licensed
members a forum to ask questions from some online elmers.

What do our members think?  Would there be a good day and time for these?
Do you feel it would be beneficial?

Kevin
KK6MPT