[Harc] How to IDentify on repeaters and simplex

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 22:00:14 CDT 2021

Hi all,

TU Rod.  You point out something wayyyyy too many hams forget to do.

"Can I get a siglal check, wx2xxx"

For many of us, we have scanners listening.  Asking for a radio check like this makes it impossible for any to respond.  Here is a MUCH better way to request a signal check:

"Can I get a signal report, this is ke6sls on 145.470 HARC repeater"

Simple rule of thumb, Identify your call sign and your operating frequency or repeater.

Tnx for posting Rod, 73

--
Wishing you well
Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls