[Harc] Dash cams

G Bass pcs12310 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 13:46:59 CST 2021

I have the Garmin 56 and 66.  Both are great cameras.  I believe the 56 is
140 degree and the other (66) is 180.  I also have a couple GoPros that
work well.  Just be aware that unless you travel with a laptop with lots of
space, all these cameras either loop or stop recording once full.  Anything
recorded in 4K up takes serious editing power (and space).

There are a few decent dash cam apps that actually work well.  NEXAR AI and
Smart Dash Cam are two that I’ve used before that seem to work.  I have the
paid version of Smart Dash Cam.  Much of the performance for these apps
depends on the quality of your phone and ability to store data.  iPhones
tend to do better with cloud capabilities.

It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.  Hard to beat
Garmin products but there are plenty of options out there.  In the end, you
usually get what you pay for.  Whatever you buy, make sure you can take it
in/out of vehicle easily as they are hot commodities with the car burglars.

--

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This