[Harc] hf rig

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Thu Jan 14 12:15:52 CST 2021

Hi Richard,

My trusty ts570 developed audio problems, so I ended up buying the new
ts590 and absolutely love it.  I love the way kenwood lays out their
rigs and rarely have to deal with menu items day to day.

The icom 7300 is still very popular.  Both of these rigs are super easy
for digital work and do not require any  extra interface, like a
signalink, only a single USB cable.

Yaesu HF rigs don't garner much of my interest and they have a habit of
not keeping parts stocked for aging rigs making next to impossible for
repair down the road.

I am very happy with my rig and it's a rig you keep learning about
months and years after buying!

PS, plan to get my 570 repaired so I have a back-up rig!  If you look
around online, you will find some good techs that can bring your 440
back to life too.

Have fun shopping!

73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken