[Harc] All systems "Go!" for VHF/UHF show and tell. Please Do-Not-Repy

Anthony Wiese anthonywiese at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 20 22:47:38 CDT 2021

All Members,  I hope you're looking forward to showing us your portable UHF/VHF set up or coming out to learn a bunch and get some ideas for your own build.  I just wanted touch on a few little things and rehash a couple of others.....  I will announce the Lat/Long at 1100L tomorrow on the HARC repeater.  At 1145L I will announce the city we're in and 1150L I will announce the exact spot.  Please do not disclose the location when you figure it out.  I'm hoping people will do their best to learn basic GPS skills as part of this event.  Again, the format is degree decimal.  There should be no minutes or seconds in your read out..  This is what degree decimal looks like. 040.8718940, -124.0051970.  Please practice undistracted driving.  Pull over to update your bearing and range to the spot.  There is no rush or race.  There is also no assigned frequency leading up to 1200L except for my 3 announcements.  Let's see what happens organically and if you can find the chatter.-Set up is from when you get there until 1300L.  That's when we'll begin our round robin show and tell presentations.
-Remember to bring a comfortable mask which will be worn throughout our time together.-For those of you who bought HARC vests, bring them out!  This is a great opportunity to get some sun on them.-Ben made some nice HARC business cards and handed a bunch out to members.  Please bring them if you have them.  We might have some lookie-loos who might need to become hams.-When setting up your station, please check in with your neighbor to find out who has the taller mast.  Please space yourself away 1.5 times that distance.  ex. 15' mast = 23' spacing.  I will have 50' tape with me.  You may borrow it to mark your intial point.  Please return right away.  Nothing makes me more cranky than chasing after my own tools.
-Since we might start to take up a lot of real-estate we will have an intra event freq of 432.100MHz.
-If you are digital capable, we will have a couple of exercises using FLdigi and FLMSG.  Hopefully we can also expand into Winlink P2P.
I hope to see your smiling faces tomorrow,Anthony951-623-3400KG6LHW at arrl.net