[Harc] Rural broadband

JAMES FALLS radio-tuber at att.net
Mon May 3 21:16:05 CDT 2021

Based on my reading, The AAIA (Accessible, affordable internet for all act) is relying on Fiber, but gets fuzzy about rural sites “at the end of the road”. Sounds like they’ll get fiber to within 500’ of the end user, then The Provider will take it the rest of the way.....

Question: is there a potential for Broadband Over Powerline if The Provider chooses that option? If so, we Hams will have to fight that zombie all over again. Keep your ears to the ground.

https://www.majoritywhip.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/AAIA-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Jim Falls
K6FWT