[Harc] Invites sent and MFA turned off

Stephen Seer Snively scannerbrightly at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:50:21 CST 2022

Just to let everyone know, I've sent a mail-merged email invite from my
HARC email address that has your username, password, and a link to get you
into Office.com or download the Teams client.

I have a few people say they didn't get an email, and I'm going to work
with the Membership Committee (cough) and other Directors to get a more
current list of HARC members. We'll need it for the upcoming vote anyway,
right?

I also turned off the Multi-Factor Authentication
<https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security/business/identity-access/azure-active-directory-mfa-multi-factor-authentication?&ef_id=Cj0KCQiA99ybBhD9ARIsALvZavVebqRcW0ByCIT2ymE7xKaSTMmHGIQ6pwC9tE3r_Hmr1kJcueXWjCMaAm9JEALw_wcB:G:s&OCID=AIDcmmdamuj0pc_SEM_Cj0KCQiA99ybBhD9ARIsALvZavVebqRcW0ByCIT2ymE7xKaSTMmHGIQ6pwC9tE3r_Hmr1kJcueXWjCMaAm9JEALw_wcB:G:s&gclid=Cj0KCQiA99ybBhD9ARIsALvZavVebqRcW0ByCIT2ymE7xKaSTMmHGIQ6pwC9tE3r_Hmr1kJcueXWjCMaAm9JEALw_wcB>
requirement, although I highly recommend everyone use it. Passwords are
literally a joke to modern computer standards and are just not to be
trusted for anything anymore. If you bank online, you should have and MFA
app of some sort and use it for everything that has money or data you care
about attached to it. It's not that big of a deal in the long run, compared
to getting ripped off or losing access to things you care about.

Anyway, I hope to see everyone there in the near future!

Share the day,
Seer