[Harc] SKYWARN™ Recognition Day 2023, December 1-2 Local Time

Don Campbell ke6hec at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 27 16:14:25 CST 2023

The National Weather Service (NWS), Woodley Island Forecast Office will be hosting the annual SKYWARN Recognition Day <https://www.weather.gov/crh/skywarnrecognition>  from Friday December 1, 4:00 PM PST, to Saturday, December 2nd, 4:00 PM PST.  Amateur radio operators are invited to participate in operating station WX6EKA, located in the Forecast Office, during this 24-hour period.   The event will be coordinated by NWS Meteorologist Ed Swafford, KN6GZS.

If you would like to participate, please respond to this email indicating the hours you would like to operate (please be flexible, if possible, as we may need to move some people around to even things out).  Remember, this is a 24-hour event so there will be lots of time available in the wee hours of the morning!

Please plan to help out with this fun event and support our friends at the National Weather Service.

If you are a Skywarn™ Spotter, register for the event and add yourself to the map here,  <https://www.weather.gov/crh/skywarnrecognition>  https://www.weather.gov/crh/skywarnrecognition

If you're not a Skywarn™ Spotter yet, click here <https://www.weather.gov/skywarn/>  to learn about the program and how to sign up!

If you'd like to take online training for Skywarn™, click here <https://www.meted.ucar.edu/education_training/course/23> !

Don Campbell