[Harc] Communicators Needed - Tour of the Unknown Coast

Cliff VanCott vancottcj at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 12:33:57 CDT 2023

 Hi Don,  I haven't heard back from you, so I'll assume you can't use me.  I have other plans now.  Cliff
    On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 10:52:54 AM PDT, Cliff VanCott <vancottcj at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hi Don...
I'm in Switzerland until Sept 13th, but would like to help with this. Problem is... I am only available Sat Sept 16th after 10 am, and need to be in McKilleyville by 6 pm. I won't be available for any planning meetings until the 14th.
I have a kenwood tm v71a mobile dual-band (50 watt max output) mounted in my expedition w/4 wheel drive... and a portable antenna I can get up 20 feet high.
Is there a place you can use me within these time constraints?
I'll be a bit slow responding... I have to find a network to log into, and we're in something like 10 hours different timezone!
Hope you are doing well! Cliff
-------- Original message --------From: Don Campbell via Harc <harc at reflector.humboldt-arc.org> Date: 8/29/23 2:25 AM (GMT+01:00) To: HARC at reflector.humboldt-arc.org Subject: [Harc] Communicators Needed - Tour of the Unknown Coast

Communicators are needed for the Tour of the Unknown Coast on September 16, a Saturday – map is attached.  Need lots of volunteers to properly staff this 100-Mile bike ride. There are only a couple of locations where an HT will work, most need higher power.  I have a couple of radios, a mag-mount antenna and an amplifier for an HT I can loan out.  This event requires a greater time commitment than most events but the organizers usually come through with a substantial contribution.  Riders start at 0700.  Interested parties, please contact me at ke6hec at sbcglobal.net.  Thank you!

Don Campbell

707.834.0042