[Harc] Winter Field Day Recap

ben adams timidfreerider at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 22:02:45 CST 2024

Hello,

Here is the message I sent to our site rep at the Rancheria.

A huge thank you to all that helped set up and tear down the equipment.

Hi Josh,

Overall the event was a resounding success. We are thankful to the
Rancheria for hosting us.

The weather was mixed. Luckily we had our tower setup Saturday before the
real rain hit, and tearing down on Sunday was in the sunshine, so
everything had a chance to dry out before being put away.

We used a combination of radios and antennas to make a total of 200
contacts with other amateur radio operators across the country. These were
mostly voice contacts, but there were some digital as well. We were able to
contact at least one person in each of the colored
states/provinces/territories on the attached map, note that some of the
larger states are broken up into smaller sections.

Having the space to set up our 50 foot tower, and 270' long wire antenna
safely was a huge benefit.

On behalf of the Humboldt Amateur Radio Club, and specifically the members
able to participate in this weekend's event, thank you again to the
Rancheria for allowing us to refine our radio operating skills.

Regards,
Ben Adams
Past President, Humboldt Amateur Radio Club