[Harc] Winter Field Day

ben adams timidfreerider at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 22:24:04 CST 2024

Hello Hams,
This message will outline a few key details for the WFD event, however I
intend to use the January Wednesday night nets for planning purposes, so
plan on tuning into those.

Who: You, and your likeminded radio operator friends, or those you wish to
indoctrinate.
What: Winter Field Day Home - WFDA (winterfieldday.org)
<https://winterfieldday.org/>
When: January 27th and 28th 2024. Operating from 1900 UTC to 1859 UTC, just
shy of 24 hours.
Where: Blue Lake, CA is a confirmed location. I am working on a backup
location in Eureka, CA which may or may not be needed. More on that if it
develops.
Why: So we have an opportunity to say "This is why we do these things".
Also, to show/remind us that we CAN operate our radio gear in inclement
weather, and have fun doing it!

Here is a quick link to the rules page. Take a look, but also, click around
and get familiar with the rules for the event. Rules - WFDA
(winterfieldday.org) <https://winterfieldday.org/rules.php>

I do intend to set up the tower & beam antenna, so we will need 6
volunteers to assist with setup and teardown before and after the event. If
you have room in your schedule for one or both of those, please let me know.

Thank you for your support!
73,
Ben
KK6SYJ