[Harc] CHIRP & Antenna

Andrius D. Ilgūnas andrius at ilgunas.net
Tue Mar 5 13:13:24 CST 2024

Howdy all!

Well, I FINALLY got around to sorting some more of the stuff I salvaged
from the "unnecessary drama" last year, and found that I still have my old
HTs.   I also have a mobile showing up in the mail today, so I wanted to
reach out to see if anyone has a CHIRP profile of local repeaters/nets that
they'd be willing to share?

Sure, I could start entering them "manually" from the HARC website, but I'm
not very confident with the software yet, and would love to have a profile
that's known to be good.

Also, since I'm now living in a house and have a yuuuge back yard, I'm
wanting to set up a fixed antenna, likely a dual-band 220/440.   I've built
a j-pole a million years ago (but that one, too, was lost in a different
instance of "unnecessary drama" ), so I'm not averse to a DYI option.

Does anyone have a recommendation for either a commercial, or a DIY fixed
antenna that I might want to look into?

Thanks in advance!

73

--
Andrius
*To know recursion, you must first know recursion.*