[Harc] MFJ-7000?

Andrius D. Ilgūnas andrius at ilgunas.net
Tue Mar 26 19:43:29 CDT 2024

I'm wanting an IC-7000, and I found a seller on swap.qth.com that's
offering an MFJ-7000 for a decent price: $700.

It looks like the MFJ is an IC-7000 plus tuner combo in a metal case (
https://moonrakeronline.com/us/mfj-7000-port-mobile-grab-go-emcomm-ic7000),
but the reviews on exam.net (
https://www.eham.net/reviews/view-product?id=10843) are very poor.

Now, I don't care so much about the tuner, but I haven't found any other
info about the ic-7000 such as: is it a modified IC-7000? Or is it a
regular, full-featured radio?

So I though to ask here if anyone has had experience with the MFJ-7000?

The seller speaks some sort of English that I don't fully understand, but
seems to be legit.

Or better still, I don't suppose anyone in this list has an IC-7000 that
they'd be willing to part with? I'd pay something reasonable for it. :)