[Harc] Field Day 2019

chris hickey christoph.hix at gmail.com
Wed May 8 19:52:46 CDT 2019

Good evening folks.

I know I only know a few of you guys/gals, so I guess a little introduction
is in order. My name is Chris Hickey and I'm KK6KFB from Morgan Hill. Last
night, good old KE6SLS Jaye sent me an email informing me I have been
designated the Field Day 2019 Coordinator... well, I've never had this
position, or any position with any club before, so I'm going to give it my
best go.

First off, Field Day 2019 is RIGHT around the corner and we only have about
a month and a half left to get our plans and equipment in order. I've
started a list of items that are going to require attention and I guess
we're going to be in need of volunteers.

Please note that this list is going to be dynamic. As things progress, some
items may be stricken and others added. I'm sure I've forgotten to add a
few line items here, so please feel free to chime in make
recommendations/suggestions as you see fit.

So, here is what I have so far...

Chow: (MOST IMPORTANT)

            Cooking facilities?

            Who is cooking?

            Food provided by?

Who would be willing to do the shopping?

            What times will food be available?

Classification:

            How many stations what power are we using? Generators?

Late Hours:

Operating times will be from Saturday, as early as possible after setup
until… Sunday afternoon? Evening?

Computers/Software:

Last year Anthony  supplied the computers and logging software. Are we able
to utilize these again?

Dependent on number of stations operating. Last year I believe we had one
per band.

Callsign:

Will we use the Club Call or an Extras call? Its recommended we utilize an
Extra call. NX6DX? Shall we take over Johns call? Muaha

Radios:

I’m unaware of club equipment. Does the club own any radios? If so, what
are they and in what condition are they? Do we require anything special?

I personally would like to see an APRS station and a UHF/VHF for local
communication/coordination purposes. Doing so would not change our
classification as this is considered a “FREE” station. GOTA station??

Antennas:

Last year we had an issue with the Hex Beam (wouldn’t tune). I don’t know
if that was a club antenna or a personally owed antenna.

Operators:

            Who is planning on attending? How many potential operators do
we have?

Digi Operators:

Safety coordinator:

Setup/teardown:

Trailers:

Generators:

            How many do we have/need?

            How are we providing fuel for the units?

Area outreach?

Do we have an interest in inviting the Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts to join us? We
can get a GOTA Station setup?

Educational Activity Bonus 100 points.

                        Public Information table? It’s an easy 100 points.

            Social Media promotion? If we just post up the Field Day event
using Social Media…

                        Social Media Promotion 100 points

            Site Visitation by a Representative of an Agency?

Would anyone care to volunteer for any positions?

Okay, I've got to jump in the shack for a bit . I have a few nets coming up
I need to check into. Please feel free to go over this a bit and respond
when able.

73,

Chris Hickey KK6KFB