[Harc] EmComm Meeting Report 11-21-19

Peter Esko pesko99 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 14:33:31 CST 2019

At the November 21, 2019 meeting of the Emergency Communications Group, we
discussed nets during Public Safety Power Outages.  Pending further input
from the ham community, *during future PSPSs* we’ll have daily nets as
follows:

11:30 AM   Four local simplex Net Control Stations (using FWRA) will
coordinate to ensure uniform messaging

11:45 AM   Local simplex nets to deliver announcements, take checkins, and
handle traffic generated by checkins

12:00 PM   FWRA Net to report local checkin numbers, take additional
checkins, and handle traffic generated by checkins.

Please let me know if you have comments or questions.

We also have a team working on developing an EmComm plan for Humboldt
County using a few examples as guides.  The goal is to improve our
organization to better serve County OES and our other agency partners.
We’ll distribute a draft to everyone once it’s ready.

Our next EmComm meeting is Thursday, January 16, 7 pm, Eureka Muni.  We’ll
be doing planning for the next On-Air Exercise, tentatively set for
Saturday, Feb 22.  (There will be no December meeting.)

Have a happy and safe holiday season.

Peter W6IES