[Harc] HARC net Image reports

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Thu Apr 30 01:07:56 CDT 2020

Hey gang!

Tonight's HARC net was fun!  I decided to send a secret map of Eureka
after the normal HARC net at 7:00pm on 145.470 HARC repeater.  I used
FLdigi software (this software is completely FREE!)

My first attempt was botched.  My settings were wrong, and Don ke6hec
asked if I could standby for the FWRA net so I wouldn't swamp his rig.
I used this time to correct my local settings and used an old notebook
to copy an image with it's built in sound card--this worked MUCH better.

After Don cleared from the FWRA net, I sent my second images, the map
and smily face.  I'm going to attach the images that some of the
receiving stations copied tonight just for fun, plus the final image I
sent in shack from my laptop to the very old netbook (in color!).  The
final color image was after I plugged in a monaural loud speaker to my
laptop.  My laptop has speakers somewhere inside of it, but the sound
comes out of several different cooling ports which was causing
distortion on my first two attempts.  I'll use the loud speaker if I do
another one of these secret transmissions! :)

Just for fun, and reference, take a look at this week's net report from
our last ORCA Digital Net this week; scroll down to the copied images
from some of the many ORCA members, it's absolutely amazing how
differently we all copy these pictures which are sent and the beginning
and ending of each net:  http://orcadigitalnet.com/28-apr-20-report/

Thanks to all the hams who stuck around!

73 all

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken