[Harc] Attenetion: J

Joseph Nevotti jn5289 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 21 07:33:06 CDT 2020

Thought you'd find this interesting re; the social/political BS:
What most people, especially those of us who are educated, forget is how the Normal Distribution of human traits (e.g. IQ; open-mindedness; authoritarianism) affects our lives on a moment-by-moment basis.
What we know, for a fact, is that conservatism, the unwillingness to look at anything new and to adapt/change, is both normally distributed AND correlated with IQ.  So the closed-minded type of conservative (e.g. Trump supporters)have been "left behind" by society because they can't keep up, especially in today's rapidly changing society.
Given they are conservative (and closed-minded) they embrace what they know: life in small towns and/or doing low level, non-skilled labor, assuming they are able to find a job that pays (and most will be at Burger King, etc).
And they are discontent and deeply resent those of us with IQs > 100 who have moved on to "green pastures" (e.g. higher education; high paying jobs; city life).  This is documented in the work of Case & Deaton as well as my own work with assessment of "high functioning" people.
Its my hypothesis/understanding that what we experience today in the form of Trump (vs. when you and I were growing up in Eisenhower's America when this movement was just beginning) are the  long term after-effects of the resentments that have built up in those at the low end of the IQ distribution.  Especially makes sense when one considers that IQ predicts positive outcomes in the life of human beings, i.e. job performance, health, level of education attained, emotional adjustment.  Those of us blessed with hi IQs get the goodies; the others are left behind. . .and deeply resent it.
In addition, those "conservatives" at the other end of the intelligence continuum (e.g. Federalists) are motivated by power.  IMO they (McConnell; GOP Senators; Koch Bros., many bankers) are the ones to watch.  They are the ones behind the "green curtain" who are pulling the levers, e.g. the infusion of very conservative judges into the Federal judiciary as discussed in the article I sent yesterday.  Unlike their dumb cousins at the low end of the IQ distribution, they understand the days of white supremacy are numbered and are very afraid.  Hence the hysteria on the right about AOC and the "ultra-liberal Left."
What I'm concerned about (when not walking Max on the beach) is that those on the left (a) don't understand this, and (b) don't understand "power politics."  What I refer to as "The Great Liberal Fallacy" (i.e. that you can reason your way thru the shit) is at the core of Biden's being (e.g. "working "across the isle").  I'm hoping that Kamala understands this; I'm sure Klobuchar does, and Warren has successfully dealt with it (e.g. Consumer Protection Bureau).
Maybe we'll get lucky and (a) Democrats will control the government, AND (b) Kamala will turn out to be an activist, quietly kick-ass VP like Dick Cheney.
In the interim, Max and I enjoy the beach and our quiet lives.
Cheers!

Joseph Nevotti, Ph.D., Q.M.E.Licensed Psychologist Qualified Medical Evaluator1632 Broadway St., #246Eureka, California 95501360-531-3254

Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information as well as information protected by the Privacy Act of 1974. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of the original message. Thank you.