[Harc] New Members/Tech's on Field Day

Anthony Wiese anthonywiese at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 11:35:07 CDT 2020

Looking back on last weeks HARC Net, I realize that I didn't introduce the concept of Field Day to new members the way I had intended.  I hope I didn't scare off anybody.  New and/or Technician Class members can and should participate without trepidation.  In fact, the circumstances causing us to be separated this year are creating unique opportunities for us.  Ben and I are polishing up a plan to encourage new member participation by catering to Tech privileges.  In the mean time, please enjoy this well done short video of what Field Day in the time of Covid.
2020 ARRL Field Day in the Time of COVID-19

|  |  |

|  |
2020 ARRL Field Day in the Time of COVID-19

Here are a couple links that are very useful.  This first one is from a Virginia Ham Radio club.  It's a real nice simplified intro to some more specifics.
http://w4ava.org/articles/Field%20Day%20Reference%20Guide.pdf
This is the league's website for the event.
Field Day

|  |  |

|  |
Field Day

The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the...

Finally, this is another club's link to something called "Wilderness Protocol."  Please glance at it.  A version of this system is what we'll be using for our local contacts/exchanges.
Wilderness Protocol - MDARC

|  |  |

|  |
Wilderness Protocol - MDARC

The Mount Diablo Amateur Radio (HAM) Club.

Enough homework!  Please join us on the HARC Net tonight at 1900 on the HARC repeater.  We'll demo a couple exchanges, explain other mode possibilities you can explore and answer any of your questions.Hope to hear you this evening,AnthonyKG6LHW
951-623-3400