[Harc] HARC Second Thursday Meeting Cancelled--Thursday 12March 7:30pm

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Wed Mar 11 13:30:31 CDT 2020

Due to the continuing spread of COVID-19 (over 1000 in US), I have
decided to cancel our Thursday evening meeting.  Instead, I'll be
hosting an "ON THE AIR" meeting at the same time.  Those interested in
working the ISS and other digital satellites are encouraged to fire up a
radio and meet up on the HARC repeater (145.470). This is a great way to
have fun and still do our part in reducing the possibilities of further
spread of this explosively devastating disease. (citations below.)

"Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and
Infectious Diseases, issued a disturbing warning during a White House
briefing Tuesday: Americans everywhere need to change the way they live
their lives. Right now!"
<https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/11/politics/what-matters-coronavirus-is-about-to-change-your-life/index.html>

""We would like the country to realize that as a nation, we can't be
doing the kinds of things we were doing a few months ago. It doesn't
matter if you're in a state that has no cases or one case," Fauci said,
referring Americans to the new federal Coronavirus.gov website for
details on precautions to take at home, at work and out in the world."
<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html>

Thanks all, 73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken