[Harc] We have some winners!!!

Anthony Wiese anthonywiese at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 12:21:34 CDT 2020

We have some live ones here!  Rus, KE6AFF, sent me his certificate for ICS-100 completion from OCTOBER 19'.  I'll give him half a prize because he followed the contest rules to the letter and was clever.  Matt, KN6CEI, is our first official winner.  He sent me is completion certificate a short 6 hours after the contest started.  Real nice work Matt!  When the contest is over I'll let everyone know what the prizes are.  Still on the table is first to send images of completion certificates for ICS 200 and ICS 700 (completed AFTER 3/14, 0700) to KG6LHW at arrl.net.   In the contest primer I mentioned that the Disaster Service Worker Volunteer Program opens doors in times of need.  Most importantly it offers you protections!  Following is the language from the official website plus a link to it.

The Disaster Service Worker Volunteer Program (DSWVP) was created as the result of legislation to provide workers’ compensation benefits to registered Disaster Service Worker (DSW) volunteers who are injured while participating in authorized disaster-related activities, including pre-approved training.

https://www.caloes.ca.gov/cal-oes-divisions/administrative-services/disaster-service-worker-volunteer-program
The completion of these ICS courses is the FIRST STEPS.  More information on the final steps will be coming down the pike soon.
Thank you for participating!,
Anthony