[Harc] Show and Tell 20April2021 at Woodley

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Wed Apr 21 21:44:26 CDT 2021

Anthony kg6lhw has been quite busy outfitting the Commrig, aka our
communications trailer.  This month, for our Second Tuesday meeting,
Anthony brought the Commrig out to Woodley Island, where we usually hold
our Field Days.

As you can see in the photos, we now have dedicated VHF/UHF vertical
antenna and HF vertical mobile antenna installed on the Comrig.  Check
out the dipole on the back using a painters pole clamped onto the back
door!

We actually made contacts on VHF and HF!  Matt kn6cei used his smarty
phone with FLDigi to check into the ORCA Digital Net, and later, he
checked us into the Sonoma/Mendocino Emergency Phone net.  Good work Matt!

>From the long shot photo, you can see how tidy and polished the Comrig
has become!  It is a pleasure to look into the rig and see how well the
attention to details has been tended to.

Anthony also built that amazing storage and work area at the front.  We
can now utilize all that space that was completely wasted before.  The
club generator is also stored in the cabinets below.  He also added
rigid locks to the doors to ensure the Comrig is TOW READY.  Fantastic
work Anthony.

Also pay attention to all the trim work!  Is is a very CUSTOMIZED and
RADIO ACTIVE shack on wheels!  He also installed LED lighting & switches.

Anthony, THANK YOU for all your hard work and fine tuning.  This Comrig
is a fantastic example of an active and willing club with a major case
of CAN DO!

Great seeing you and playing with the new gear.

73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken