[Harc] SWR VS Resonance

. delfreret at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 14:51:48 CST 2021

Dan,
Antenna specs are "free space" calculations, NOT real world.  Dipole resistance, as you said, varies.
Objects within 2 _ 3 wavelengths can affect resonancs.  And RF ground is seldom @ earth surface, and that affects resonance / pattern.
We "tune" the SWR with a "matchbox" to get as mutch as we can to the antenns, and NOT damage the transmitter.
To get max signal out, use a field strength meter.
Del