[Harc] Multiband HF Vertical

Rus Gustavson prgustavson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:33:01 CST 2021

Hello everyone,

I live on a small lot with powerlines down one side of the lot. There are
no trees. There isn't much space for radials, though I could probably do
180 degrees of some radials, many of them short. But, I'm concerned about
our grandchildren running into something that's not elevated at least a bit.

I've got an NVIS antenna that works well, but I'd like to get some more
distance with my QRP HF radio.

I've been mulling this over for months, looking at the DX Commander,
Hustler 5BTV, Diamond BB-7V, Cushcraft R5-R9, ZeroFive multiband vertical,
and many more on eHam. Everyone has an opinion and, in general, they all
like the antenna they bought. It's kind of like reading Amazon reviews. Who
to trust?

Or, I could put up a pole and put a dipole on it.

What do you think? What have you tried that worked for you? Do any of you
have recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Rus, NQ6F