[Harc] APRS proven proof of consept

Anthony Wiese anthonywiese at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 3 23:49:46 CDT 2021

We used APRS to help keep track of hams while on deployment.  Thank you Jaye, Chris and Kevin for letting us borrow the digipeater for the event.  Jaye and Matthew let us borrow their APRS HT's.  In the first map view you can see four things. Don is the locomotive going to the back side of the mountain.  The green star is the trailer and digipeater.  The man walking icon is David going to the valley floor.  The Green pin is base camp and the laptop pulling all this data down, WITH OUT any internet or cellular service.  In the next picture you can see how David did us a favor by getting lost, seeking orientation from base camp and then getting back to his assignment.  What a cool, real world scenario of how this tech can help us in future events/deployments.  Finally you can see the nice job Jaye did by setting up the digipeater to display information about the circumstances of why it was there.  That digi was able to retransmit the packets to a station near Laytonville which injected them into the internet for all to see, and then find out about our event.  Thank you to all who helped out with this.A