[Harc] Winlink Wednesday! do-not-reply

Rus Gustavson prgustavson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:18:50 CST 2021

I thought I'd follow up on the Winlink thread.

I'm still slogging through Winlink, thinking that maybe I have an issue
with Winlink, computer, antenna, radio or soundcard setup (so many
variables). Mainly because it does indeed sometimes take a lot of tries to
get through to send the message. Sometimes I have to let some hours pass
before trying again and being successful. So, it actually was a bit
heartening for me to hear that others have struggled to get a connection.
;-)

Nevertheless, I do almost always have a successful connection so long as I
have the time. I think it's well worth the effort. And, I have to admit I
like the challenge.

Keep it up, and I think if we share our victories it will ultimately help
others be successful too.

I came across this instruction page this morning and thought I'd pass it
along. I guess because I'm a slow processor I like to read things rather
than watch YouTube, which I find myself stopping and rewinding often.

See what you think, maybe it's old hat:
http://www.masterscommunications.com/products/radio-adapter/pdf/Winlink_Express_Comm_Academy_Session_3_2020_PDF_Version.pdf

73, Rus, NQ6F

PS: by-the-way, if you're looking for a sound card interface I think there
are good reasons to look at the DRA Sound Card (
http://www.masterscommunications.com). I wished I'd seen this before
ordering my RigBlaster Advantage. The advantage of the SignaLink is that
it's ubiquitous. There's a lot of help out there for the SignaLink setup.
The RigBlaster has incredible factory support.