[Harc] FW: Kinetic Communique : January 2022 - The Race is On!

Peter pesko at suddenlink.net
Mon Jan 31 19:34:35 CST 2022

This just in…

Peter

Michael-Peter Esko
W6IES

From: Glory
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2022 4:41 PM
To: pesko at suddenlink.net
Subject: Kinetic Communique : January 2022 - The Race is On!

A New Year and the Race is On!!

Photo Credit:  Patrick Rutherford

Kinetic Communique - January 2022

Kinetics are alive today due to the generous support of our donors.
Thank you so much to those who joined us in the End Of Year Campaign!

Shoshanna Anthony
Lush Newton & Malia Matsumoto
George Paul Bailey
Mike Bate
Elizabeth Boitano
Robert Borovec
Carl Burdick
David Callow
Allyson Carroll
Lloyd Cha
Mary Cruse
Shannan Dailey
Jessica Davis
John Davis
Steve Delaire
Pete & Brenda Devlin-Craig
Ginny Dexter
Fred Dickson
Fred & Victoria Divine
Matt Filar
Katharine Flebotte
Evan Gibbs
Jennifer Gonzales
Erin Harris
Nicholas Harris
David Hershberger
Laura Hussey
Ken Jorgensen
Carol Keig
Tina Kerrigan
Robert Klug
Kimberlee La Selle
Mark Larson
Kathleen Lovell
Laurence Lowry
Keith Macleod
Tamara Martinez
Dan Fischler
Jeff Odell
P Scott Ostrom
Claire Perricelli
Jason Poggensee
Nick Roberts
Sandy Sherman
Chris Shmatovich
Matthew Sparks
Sherri Starr
Elizabeth Tanner
Colleen Tarr-Hulbert
Jennifer Thelander
Carlyss Van Ness
Paul Vibrans
Peter Wagner
and, our matching donor, Karen Hartman!

Thank you to Tracy Norman Rempe and Karen Hartman for making fantastic donor gifts, which will be mailed out to donors soon!

A Distinguished Happy Birthday
to our Glorious Reason,
Justin Hobart Brown, born January 12.

#Plaza2022

It will be here before you know it!

We need VOLUNTEERS
however you look at it!

in
4 months
or
17 weeks
or
118 Days

You can volunteer!!

We are not only looking for volunteers who can help during Kinetic Grand Championship weekend, but people who can help with planning and organize before the race. All skill levels are welcome, Kinetics is for everyone!

Coming in February...the Kinetic Congregation!

Kinetic Universe is launching a monthly sustainer/membership program, the Kinetic Congregation! It's an easy way to support Kinetic Universe and get some nice perks. For $10 a month ($120 per year), members will receive one of our stainless steel pint glasses, designed by Justin Hobart Brown AND a members-only bribe, designed by Steve "Threepeat" McHaney of Team TriloBike. You will also receive disounts on merch and KU event tickets. There will be a limit of only 100 memberships, so mark your calendars, our membership drive begins February 6.

STRANDBEEST

TV MythBuster Adam Savage's "Strandbeest" has found a new home with Ripley's Entertainment, Inc., the company behind Ripley's Believe It or Not! They purchased Strandbeest from Kinetic Universe to add to their collection of kinetic sculptures showcased at locations and traveling shows all over the country. (See a piece from their collection, on display in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, here.)
Kinetic Universe acquired this Strandbeest from San Francisco's Exploratorium in 2016, after Adam built the sculpture as part of his One Day Build series (check it out here).
Dutch artist Theo Jansen is credited for originating strandbeests, which are "walking" kinetic sculptures, that sometimes depend on wind.  Learn more about strandbeests here.

Please honor our sponsors by clicking on their pictures!

Donate

Copyright © 2022 *Kinetic Universe*, *Kinetic Communique*
All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
1565 J Street
Arcata, CA   95521

This email was sent to pesko at suddenlink.net
Kinetic Universe · 518 A St · Eureka, CA 95501-0344 · USA