[Harc] Maxwell KN6RKM update

jdnut at aol.com jdnut at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 11:27:55 CDT 2022

HARC members,A quick update, along with further thanks for all that responded to my previous posts.  A quick recap, I was interested in a system that would help support the Ferndale CERT program.
I did purchase the Kenwood TM V71 radio as several of you suggested.  I am very happy with it, and found programming the memory channels quite easy.  As I did more research on the operation of the radio after my purchase, I could see why several of you recommended it.  I also got a Diamond X50 antenna (right now on a 10 foot pole) , and was able to reach the HARC repeater on the 10 watt setting from my barn which is just north of the Fairgrounds here in Ferndale.  More antennas and other experiments are in the works.  I am interested in the Ed Fong antenna, but I haven't checked the local stores for the class 200 PVC pipe.
I hope to check in tonight on the CERT net with the new system.
Thanks again, 73John (Max) Maxwell KN6RKM