[Harc] HARC mailing list migration update

Stephen Seer Snively scannerbrightly at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:18:50 CST 2022

The Humboldt Amateur Radio Club mailing list will be moved from its current
home to reflector.humboldt-arc.org on *Monday morning between 6 and 8am
Pacific*. Because DNS takes up to 48 hours to propagate throughout the
Internet, some email services may be disrupted on this day.

Also, this means the new address to contact the HARC reflector will be
HARC at reflector.humboldt-arc.org. You might want to make a new contact and
or edit any mail rules you have to include this address in your email
applications. I'll be sending a test email after the DNS changes, so be on
the lookout for it.

Finally, I'll be moving the primary email DNS record to Microsoft's servers
and testing out the new email address for the board of directors, groups,
and other email and calendar related features of our non-profit M365
tenant.

These rely on the same sort of changes to DNS records, so after I've double
checked everything is working correctly, *I will invite all current members
to the Microsoft365 club resources.* Expect an email from Microsoft with
the 'M365 HARC logo' inviting you if you are a current club member.

[image: HARC M365 logo]

The invite will come from Microsoft, but will be from HARC. You don't have
to use your new CALLSIGN at humboldt-arc.org email address (you can forward
email to your current email, or just ignore it!) but your login will get
you access to club files, calendars, chats, and Teams audio/video calls.
And, of course, a new way to share with present and future club membership
anything club related!

[image: Teams app showing Groups, Channels, and a few test posts]

I can't wait to see you all there: *Over the air, on the web, or in an app,
collaborating on the future of our hobby & club while preserving and
continuing our treasured past.* It's just what we do.

Seer Snively - KM6MWO