[Harc] Gene and Jim alternate LOGO...Re: 3D printed custom Lanyards

Daniel Eaton dre3neato at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:30:33 CDT 2020

Hi all.
I really like the logo Gene Bass shows us that he and Jim Armstrong
KW6JIM/SK were working on. It seems to convey *more* *information* than the
obscure outline of Humboldt county.

At first glance, the map outline logo looks to me like the State of
California. Not to mention that uninformed folks would have no idea what
the radio symbol means. Overall, it might not be meaningful for our
intended audience, the general public, or even other agencies.

This alternate logo identifies our club in 3 ways with the HARC acronym,
our actual name and call sign.  It is self-explanatory. The antenna symbol
is pretty recognizable too.

Also, it is more scalable and could be used small version in front and
large version on the back. I think the call sign position as shown is fine.
The call sign above the antenna RF symbol might be distracting.

73, de Dan Eaton KB6DE

P.S. I find the RF “bulls eye” feature visually attractive and it would
probably be very recognizable at a distance.