[Harc] Auxiliary Communication (AuxComm) training wait list

Anthony Wiese anthonywiese at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 5 12:26:28 CDT 2021

 Greetings All,  Greg Waters asked me to forward this link to HARC members.  It is a query from the California Office of Emergency Services to see who might be interested in taking their online AUXCOM course.  Greg, Peter and I took the class in the spring and found it to be a wealth of information.  This course or the EC-001 class will be a prerequisite for some of the higher positions in the new Humboldt County AUXCOM.  To alleviate any confusion, Greg has assured me that under the "Personal Experience" requirement of "An affiliation with a public agency", HARC members do count in this case.  Also, it is important that you do not sign up for the waiting list until you have completed the 4 prerequisite ICS courses.  I'm excited that this course is being offered again.  It is in high demand.  Both Peter and I were on the standby list as there was a maximum number of attendees allowed and thankfully some of them didn't show and we got their slots.  I hope you'll consider this opportunity.Cheers,Anthony951-623-3400

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Waters, Greg <gwaters at co.humboldt.ca.us>Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021, 9:24:26 AM PDTSubject: Auxiliary Communication (AuxComm) training wait list

Greetings,

Please forward this email to members of your group that have an active amateur radio license and a passion to learn about emergency communications. The Public Safety Communications Unit from California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) is gathering contact information for those interested in taking the Federal Auxiliary communications (AuxComm) course.

LINK:CYBERSECURITY & INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY AGENCY (CISA): AuxComm Course

This class is designed for auxiliary communicators and groups who volunteer to provide backup radio communications support to public safety agencies. Typically, this includes amateur radio and other types of volunteers communicators.

This form is to add yourself to a wait list for an Auxiliary Communications Course. This list will be shared with the Public Safety Communications Unit, Cal OES. They will contact you when an online course becomes available. The course is typically 3 days from 8 AM to 5 PM.

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE WAIT LIST until you have completed the prerequisites listed below.

PREREQUISITES FOR ATTENDANCE INCLUDE:

Personal experience:

• An active FCC amateur radio license

• Past experience in radio communications

• An affiliation with a public safety agency (Fire, EMS, Law Enforcement, CERT, AuxComm, SAR, COP, DART, ect.)

• A desire to work in emergency communications in an ICS environment

Must have completed the following online courses from the FEMA EMI website:

• IS-100, Introduction to the ICS

• IS-200, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Incidents

• IS-700, National Incident Management System (NIMS), an Introduction

• IS-800, National Response Framework (NRF)

Additional recommended training:

• ICS-300, Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents is recommended, but not required

Regards,

Greg Waters, MBA, KJ6OUI

Program Coordinator

Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services

Office: 707-268-2502

Email:gwaters at co.humboldt.ca.us