[Harc] Fw: Powerpoint for Procedures presentation

Cliff VanCott vancottcj at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 20 13:57:13 CST 2021

 HERE'S the Powerpoint presentation for both of the AuxComm webinars done by Mendocino last week.  They were VERY good, glad to have made it.
I'm forwarding these as requested in the EmComm exercise today so others can review more about EmComm in our area (They are our neighbors to the south!)
Enjoy... Cliff KN6CEJ

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com <mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com>To: Cliff Vancott <vancottcj at yahoo.com>Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 11:46:42 AM PSTSubject: Fw: Powerpoint for Procedures presentation

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com <mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com>To: Anthony Wiese <anthonywiese at yahoo.com>Cc: Greg Waters <gwaters at co.humboldt.ca.us>; Peter Esko <pesko at suddenlink.net>; Gene Bass <hbfcert1 at gmail.com>; Don Campbell <ke6hec at sbcglobal.net>Sent: Friday, February 12, 2021, 07:38:04 PM PSTSubject: Fw: Powerpoint for Procedures presentation
  I couldn't record the Zoom meetings (I attended both this week) but I did get a copy of both PPoint presentations.  They (and the forms discussed) are attached below.
Zoom was run by Mike Carter, prior EOC/ACS etc., in Mendo.  Very good and mature EmComm program there... and VERY good presentations.  He mostly read the PPoint, then add details... but clear and easy to follow.  I encourage attendance, it IS useful, local and pertinent information. (You can get a lot out of the attachments... but there's much you'll miss if you only review them alone.)
I HIGHLY recommend attending these two presentations (available one more time, next week) for anyone building an EmComm program... both for the knowledge and also so we don't have to reinvent the wheel.  (Mike authorized/encouraged we plagiarize the heck out of all of this!)
Should we build a common EmComm plan for the county (combine and coordinate efforts of HARC, CERT, Red Cross, OES, H&HS, Dept of Ed, etc., it would also be good to be familiar with our cousins to the south.  THEY are a big chunk of who we'll be talking to if things go really bad.

Cliff KN6CEJ

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Mike Carter <mgmcarter at outlook.com>To: mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com <mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com>Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2021, 07:35:01 PM PSTSubject: Re: Powerpoint for Procedures presentation
 Hi Cliff, Here are the two PowerPoint presentations and the forms we use. 73,MikeKC6MGM
----- Original Message -----From: <mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com>Reply-To: <mckinleyvillecert at gmail.com>To: <mgmcarter at outlook.com>Sent: 2/11/2021 19:11:54Subject: Powerpoint for Procedures presentationHi
I'd like to get the Powerpoint for tonight's presentation... and any other references originally sent out.
Thanks much... Cliff VanCott  Team Leader McKinleyville CERT  KN6CEJ