[Harc] Learn Morse Code

Mark Nelson aa6dx7388 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 19:06:45 CST 2021

This from K6RAU, Fred.  I can recommend this person's training ability,
from the way-back.  WA6MJB, my XYL, Elaine, learned code to get her first
Amateur Radio license from his efforts back in 1971 !  At that time, the
lessons were sent using AM on the 75 meter band.  That was so just about
any shortwave receiver could be used to "attend" the early morning classes.
Cheers, enjoy!  73  Mark  *AA6DX*
*Name:* Fred Silveira
*Phone Number:* e-mail only
*Callsign:* K6RAU
*Category:* ANNOUNCE
*Heading:* Morse Code Course for Beginners
*Ad Message:* The K6RAU beginners code course for those not knowing
a dit from a dah is available at the following url link:
https://k6rau.podomatic.com
The course first introduces the individual to learn code by sound
and progresses in 12 lessons to five words per minute.
A lesson is about 30 minutes and recommendation is to listen to
each twice before moving on to the next one.
At the time the code course was produced and recorded, the alphabet
of 'Able, Baker, Charlie', etc., were still common phonetics being used
within amateur radio before the now current 'Delta, Echo, Foxtrot', etc...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allied_Military_phonetic_spelling_alphabets