[Harc] Looking for suggestions on improving the club

Stephen Seer Snively scannerbrightly at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:19:45 CST 2022

Greetings, club members and other radio enthusiasts.

As the new Secretary, I plan on making a few small changes to improve the
processes we use while cutting out all the man-hours required to just keep
things running. My other goal for the club is to improve communication both
between members and between the club and the outside world. This includes
community outreach to attract new members, educate the general public about
how they are already using radio everywhere, but there is a slice of radio
you can completely control and understand.

But before we can do all that, let’s get our house in order. On that note,
I’d like to offer a few suggestions and a few questions.

   - Feel free to login to Office.com with your CALLSIGN at humboldt-arc.org
   username and password (I will reset your password back to your known email
   address if you contact me!). This has access to all the files, meeting
   minutes, bylaws, and some new channels to interact with other club members.
   You could just download Teams
   <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/download-app> itself
   and just use that to access chats, videos, files, and more, but the same
   stuff is at https://teams.office.com as well:

[image: image.png]

   - Next, I’m creating a short survey for the club. Not only will it help
   us with things like adding phone numbers, txt preference, preferred names
   and spelling corrections, it will allow us to understand what areas of
   amateur interest our club members have, and which ones they currently use.
   If we find a bunch of people use a certain mode or band, we could create a
   channel for it. It’s amazing how creating a space for discussion to happen
   lowers to bar for discussion: You don’t have to worry if what you are doing
   is ‘important enough for the Reflector’, you just post in the place built
   for the discussion knowing that only other club members will see it.

   So, what sorts of questions should be on the survey? Have you filled out
   a similar survey from the ARRL or another group?
   - Lastly, I posted in the “Local Happenings” channel the Christmas
   party. I thought maybe we could say what we are bringing so we don’t have
   all the same stuff and inspire others.

Hope this hits the reflector, and I hope to hear from you all soon.
Remember to reply to KM6MWO at humboldt-arc.org and not the reflector.

73,

Seer Snively – KM6MWO