[Harc] FW: March 29 Tsunami Alert Test

Michael-Peter Esko pesko at suddenlink.net
Thu Mar 23 16:11:14 CDT 2023

FYI

Michael-Peter Esko
W6IES

From: OES
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 10:36 AM
Subject: March 29 Tsunami Alert Test

Please forward to teams/members:

2023 Tsunami Test
When: March 29, 2023
Time: 11:00-12:00 Local

As you may be aware, Humboldt County Office of Emergency Services (OES) will be partnering with National Weather Service (NWS)- Eureka to conduct our annual Tsunami alert test. NWS will be sending out an alert to test TV, commercial radio, Sirens, and NOAA radio systems. OES will be sending an alert test with Humboldt Alert (Everbridge) during the same time NWS will be sending out their local alert test. Please see Attached TsunamiTest2023 PDF for more information.

Local coastal Tsunami sirens will be tested at the same time. OES is requesting county volunteer groups to report if they hear a siren listed on the provided map during the scheduled test. See HumCo Siren Map PDF attached.

OES will not be taking volunteer registrations nor will we assign anyone to a specific siren.

If you would like to participate in reporting on the siren status test please follow these guidelines:
What NOT to Do:
• You do NOT need to take any action
• Please do not call 911 or OES
• Please do not evacuate your home or business.
• Please do not stand near or be under a siren
• Please do not stop or impede traffic while listening for a siren.

What to Do:
• What to Report:
o Siren location: Name used on provided map attachment
o Siren Sound: Yes or No
• ICS-214 reports are not required but are encouraged. Attach to email report.
o Operation Period: March 29 from 11:00 to 12:00
o Incident Name: 2023 Tsunami Test
o ICS Position: Observer
• Email reports to: oes at co.humboldt.ca.us
• Email Subject line: 2023 Tsunami Test