[Harc] Has anyone used an Xiegu XPA125B amp?

Stephen Seer Snively scannerbrightly at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 19:24:57 CST 2024

What did you think of it? Do you have one on hand locally? What do you have
it hooked up to? I'd love to see what you look like on the waterfall with
and without it.

I'm thinking about selling my Kenwood TS-570D and getting this 100 watt amp
instead, since I'm falling in love with my Hermes Lite 2 (that only does 5
watts and my antenna really needs an ATU), but I'd like know it will work
for me before I make that sort of investment.

[image: The entire 40 meters band shown in panafall on the Thetis software
package]

Or, do you know of a different amp that would take my 5 watt output power
and take it to 100 or above, that you think would work or happen to have
collecting dust next to you right now?

Let me know. But I'll tell you, I'm operating a lot more now that I can
'remote operate' my shack from inside my house, and re-use all the good
equipment I got from my Work-From-Home setup. Not to mention having audio
from my Jabra headset -> Thetis Mic input -> EQ -> Leveler -> Leveler Gain
-> CFC Compression -> Pure Signal predistortion makes it sound oh so
good, I just want that at the 'standard' 100 watts and with ATU!

Seer Snively - KM6MWO, now often lurking on 20 or 40 meters.