[Harc] ATTENTION: NEW HARC BYLAWS NEED YOUR VOTE BY MARCH 5th

Terra Tech t-tech at sonic.net
Tue Feb 27 20:20:35 CST 2024

Hello HARC members,

As you may be aware, our club has been in the process of updating our
corporate bylaws so as to better reflect how our club operates and to
more easily stay in compliance of California corporate code. The changes
made have mostly been to clarify language and to remove sections that
don't really pertain to our type of corporation and club.

Our goal is to hold a vote on adopting these amended bylaws at our next
HARC general member's meeting on March 5th at 7:00pm at the 3030 L st.,
Eureka location. You can put forward your vote via email to me directly
at t-tech at sonic.net if you don't plan on joining the meeting Tuesday. A
tally of votes both in person, via Zoom and via email will be counted at
this next meeting. It is very important that we have a quorum
participating in this vote. Currently and as written in our existing
bylaws, that means a quorum will be 31 HARC members (a majority of our
members.) Under the amended bylaws in the future a quorum can be reached
with 1/3 of the membership. This value will more closely reflect what
our meeting attendance tends to be and allow us to complete business.

Please take the time to read over the amended bylaws and compare to the
original bylaws if you like. They have been shortened by at 9 pages!
They are not perfect but they will serve our club well. We can also
amend them at another time more easily after adopting these first
changes so don't let some minor issues dissuade you from voting for
them.

Here are some general notes outlining sections that have been changed in
the original bylaws

1.01 Address added

2.01 Classification of members – prior one class, new two (active and
inactive)

2.02 – adding a possibility of requiring amateur license

(Current bylaws) 2.03-2.05 removed

(Current bylaws) 2.11 simplified into 2.08 – providing anyone access to
membership listing, instead of several paragraphs outlining who can make
such inspection and how the inspection can be made.

(Current bylaws) 2.13(a) – current  2.10(a)  removes dissolution of
corporate members (no longer a potential member), membership is issued
for a period of time, and illegal activities.

Removal of 2.13(b) – current 2.10(b), changes result of not paying dues.

Removal of 2.13(d) due to removal of termination of membership.

3.02 – Regular Meetings – expanded to include notice requirements.

3.04 – revised with much going into 3.02, and combined with 3.05

3.07 (current) – 3.05(draft) changes quorum from over half to 1/3

3.08 (current) – removed duplicate paragraph.

3.10(b) (c) removed due to change in eligibility requirements.

3.10(e) removed – since we vote for officers not members of the board.

3.13 – removed the section.  We are not going to have such work for an
election.
4.01 - removed requirement of a past president as a director - now just
4 directors
4.02 - combined 4.02 to 4.04
(Current) 4.07(c) - simplified special meeting section now 4.05(c)
5.01 - again noted the removal of a past president from the board

I'd like to thank Richard KN6RK our treasurer for taking the initiative
in drafting the initial new language in these amended bylaws. I also
want to thank Friday W6FRI our secretary and Gene K6PCS our
vice-president for their valuable time and input with new bylaws wording
and considerations.

I want to thank the HARC members in advance for their time and
participation in voting for these amended bylaws.

See you next week,

Randy Terra
KN6NSK
HARC president