[Harc] Updates and next question

Andrius D. Ilgūnas andrius at ilgunas.net
Fri Mar 22 13:23:54 CDT 2024

Well, I passed my General exam a few weekends back, and I'm waiting for my
HF+6m rig to show up next week.   And now that I'm no longer unemployed,
I'll be joining the club after my first paycheck sometime later this month.

I live in a house in Eureka which has a rather large back yard, and Jaye,
KE6SLS, has generously donated four 10-foot sections for a mast. So I'm
starting to figure out how I'm going to setup an antenna.  And here comes
my next question..

Which kind of antenna might I be looking into getting? Since my rig will do
HF to 6m, I have no idea which bands I'd be interested in using.  I'd like
to give DXing a try, and maybe even check out some CW.  So I don't know if
I should get an "all-band" antenna, or a few different antennas, or which
type of antenna e.g. directional, dipole, etc.

Any suggestions?

--
Andrius
KG6JUI