[Harc] The Big Question

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Thu Aug 13 02:17:51 CDT 2020

Greetings all,

Again, I assumed NCS for tonight's HARC net.  Normally, we are more
emergency services oriented, but tonight, I really changed gears.
Tonight's question was "is there an amazing place that you love that is
within 25 miles from Eureka<!>."  I did my best to write down the

Sadly, we had a lot of no-shows and some of them are well known trekkers
who really know our county.  Hope they can chime in later, I was really
looking forward to their responses.

So here's tonights "MUST SEE" list, directly from our amazing ham radio
operators who checked in to tonight's HARC Net:

Tom:  The Arcata Marsh
Kai: Big Lagoon
Sherry: The Wild Life Refuge
Jaye: Water falls in Mckinleyville <on Turner road, off Central Ave>
Russ: Clam Beach
Bob: The Hammond trail!
Ed: Everything I see when I open my back door (great call Ed!)
Steve & Joyce: The Centerville Beach
Kevin: Patrick's State Beach  -- Great wedding place!
Forest: Moon Stone Beach to College Cove State Beach (Surf City!)
Rus: Waterfront Trail, Eureka! California
Frank: Nutton Drury trail (serious history here)
Mike: Showers Pass (serious history here)
Larry & Jeanne: The North Spit of Humboldt bay!
Cliff: Houda Point Beach
David: Humboldt Bay, high tide, while surf-fish are in--Not just a place
but a specific moment in our yearly cycle--I think David wins the most
awesome Humboldt MUST SEE award for this find.
Ty: Titlow Hill, in the Prairies Area -- also a great Field Day Site!

Wow you guys, such amazing responses.  It's obvious that we love our
county and love getting out and exploring.

You next mission, Please find one single picture and send it to the HARC
email reflector with a simple caption of where it is.  If you have a
good picture software, you should be able to resize it for "email ready"
status, but if you are not savvy on that, just send that image to the
reflector at: harc at humboldt-arc.org   If it's resized, the email should
go right through for us, if it's too large, I'll get it and manually
pass it through the reflector.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures
come in of all these amazing places.

Thanks all for checking into the HARC Net.

Be safe, 73

Jaye ke6sls

Clint W2BL sent me the first picture of this falls "back in the day"

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken