[Harc] Pieces and Parts

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Thu Jul 16 11:30:40 CDT 2020

Hi Cliff,

Glad you addressed this question to the list.  Burgh's electronics used
to stock various masts, push up masts, and pole masts.  He may still
have some poles available.  He doesn't have any more push up masts and
has stopped stocking them.  I don't know where else you might find them
locally, but the cost to order them is pretty steep :(

I need 4 masts to improve my HF antenna and am working on an idea to use
conventional pipe & conduit--these will be self-supporting, no guys.
Sometimes we have to think outside the box.

But a good push-up mast (several tubes that fit inside each other) works
extremely well with guys and will hold a pretty good sized antenna!
They can be found online and ordered.  I've used them for many many
years, through all our Humboldt storms, never had one fail.  The only
thing I would recommend is replace the locking hardware with stainless
still bolts and they'll last forever!

73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken